The Curtis Park Community Center was a vital part of the north Denver neighborhood for over 65 years. Hundreds of children and adults benefited from programs including a food and clothing bank, victim services, after school programs, child care and special support to families over Christmas. Over the years, the Center was blessed with funding support from ABC-USA, American Baptist churches, local government, businesses and the United Way.
The ABCRM Board set up a committee to determine the best use of the proceeds from the sale of Curtis Park. The committee made the following recommendations:
– Donate 10% of the Region’s portion of the proceeds from the sale to American Baptist organizations.
– Create a three part fund to be used for matching grants.
– 35% matching grants for ABCRM church building projects ($95,000: fund depleted)
– 35% matching grants for ABCRM community service projects ($95,000; $12,614 current balance)
– 30% matching grants for ABCRM camps ($81,500; fund depleted)
Read a success story in how the Grant Park Grant was used to make a difference in a community.
Read Success Story Here